Weight loss and gain, revolve around caloric consumption and expenditure. You lose weight when you consume fewer calories than you expend. Conversely, you gain weight when you consume more calories than you expend. To drop those excess kilos, all you need to do is eat within your calorie budget and burn the required number of calories. A combination of the two works best suggests experts.
No single food provides all the calories and nutrients the body needs to stay healthy. That’s why a balanced diet consisting of macronutrients like carbohydrates, protein and fat along with micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals, is recommended.
Here are some healthy and delicious recipes which would help in weight loss:
1. Oats Veggies Khichdi
Oats is a gluten-free whole grain & a good source of vitamins, fiber, antioxidants, and minerals. It is simple to cook and simply awesome. Below is the oat veg recipe with only water, no oil: Very weight loss friendly diet
- 100 % whole grain oats of your choice
- Cabbage, Soaked Mung beans (Green moong dal), Tomato, Capsicum (or, Bell Peppers), Carrot, Cauliflower, Peas, and Green Beans
- Salt and Turmeric
- Black Pepper
- Chop all veggies in small pieces and keep it aside.
- Take a saucepan and heat water around 400 to 500 ml on your stove.
- Add all chopped veggies into the pan.
- Add salt as per your taste and turmeric (1 pinch) in it. Let all veggies boil properly for some time.
- Check if all veggies are boiled properly and then add 4 to 5 tablespoons of whole-grain oats into boiling veggies.
- Keep stirring properly to avoid getting any lumps.
- Once all veggies are cooked and oats settled properly with them, add a pinch of black pepper into the pan.
- Turn off the stove and sprinkle chopped coriander leaves and finally a few drops of lemon juice into the pan and then mix well.
2. Moong dal chilla recipe
Paneer stuffed moong dal chilla is one of the best healthy and weight loss friendly Indian diet breakfast. The panner and moong in it make it a perfect healthy protein-rich diet that you can enjoy anytime.
- Split green gram- 1 bowl
- Ginger- 1/2 inch
- Green chili- 1
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing)- 1-2 pinch
- Salt- As per taste
- Clarified butter (ghee)- for roasting the chilla
For paneer stuffing:
- Cottage Cheese (paneer)- 150 gms (grated)
- Carrot- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Capsicum – 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger- 1 tsp (grated)
- Green chilli- 1 (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves- 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Black pepper powder- 1/3 tsp
- Cumin Powder- 1/3 tsp
- Dry mango powder- 1/3 tsp
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – As per taste
- Take a bowl of moong dal and wash properly with water. Soak them for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a grinding jar put soaked moong dal, chili, ginger, salt, turmeric powder, asafoetida, and water (2 tbsps). Grind it into a fine paste.
- Take out the paste into a bowl.
For paneer stuffing:
- Heat a pan and put oil. Add chopped chilies and ginger, stir them.
- Then add chopped carrot and keep stirring. Now add chopped capsicum and stir it. Fry veggies for two minutes.
- Add grated paneer and stir well. Add salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder, and dry mango powder. Stir all the ingredients well.
- Switch off the flame as we do not have to fry paneer, just mix it well with the ingredients.
- Add chopped coriander and mix it well. Your stuffing is ready now.
- Check the consistency of batter before preparing the chilla,
- Heat a pan (Tawa) and sprinkle some water. Wipe it with tissue paper or cotton cloth.
- Take a small amount of batter (2 tbsps) and spread wide around the Tawa with a light hand.
- Cook it for 1 minute on a medium flame. Apply ghee on chilla. Carefully flip it and cook another side for a few seconds and then flip it back.
- Add 3 to 4 tsp of paneer stuffing on the chilla, then fold it either halfway or roll it as per your liking.
- Your crispy moong dal chilla is ready to munch on with your favorite chutney.
3. Moonglet chilla recipe: The veg omelet
Moonglet recipe is one of the unique recipes that you can add to your weight loss diet plan. The name of the recipe, veg omelet, itself sounds intriguing.
- Split green gram (moong dal): 1 cup
- Carrot: 1 (grated)
- French beans: 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Tomato: 1 (chopped)
- Capsicum: 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Turmeric powder: 1/3 tsp
- Red chili powder: a little
- Coriander leaves: a handful (chopped)
- Ginger: 1 tsp (grated)
- Green chili: 2 (chopped)
- Eno fruit salt: 1 packet
- Salt: to taste
- Butter or Ghee: 3 tsp (Can be customized as per your choice and servings)
- Water (pani)- as required
- Take one bowl of moong dal. soak it and wash it for 1 hour.
- Once moong dal is soaked properly, take a mixer jar and put soaked moong into it, and grind it into a fine paste. Check for water and add a little if required.
- Now transfer the paste into a bowl.
- Add salt and turmeric powder into the paste and mix well.
- Keep mixing the paste for a few minutes to make it a little fluffy.
- Take another bowl and transfer 2 to 3 spoons of batter into it.
- Add all chopped vegetables (1 spoon)
- Add little coriander leaves and grated ginger.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Add half tsp of fruit salt, add a little water and mix well.
- Heat a pan and add butter/ghee.
- Add 2 to 3 spoons of the paste and spread it thick on the pan.
- Sprinkle a little chili powder on the cooking mixture.
- Add little coriander leaves and carrot to the cooking mixture.
- Cover the pan with the help of a lid and let it cook properly till it turns golden brown on a low medium flame.
- After 2 minutes check your cooking moonglet chilla and flip it carefully.
- Add a little ghee around the moonglet chilla, cover the pan with the lid, and let it cook.
- After a few minutes check your moonglet chilla for a golden brown color on the other side.
- With the help of a knife cut the moonglet chilla from the midsection, add ghee as per your choice.
4. Corn Daliya Khichdi ingredients:
The Corn Dalia Khichdi does not just taste great but it is a very healthy weight loss friendly Indian breakfast. The recipe is made using veggies in less making it a perfect diet for weight loss.
- Corn Daliya (makai ka Dalia)- 1/2 cup
- Split green gram (moong daal)- 1/3 cup (washed)
- Carrot (gajar)- 2 tbsps
- Capsicum (Shimla Mirch)- 2 tbsps (chopped)
- Tomato (Tamatar)- 1 (chopped)
- Green peas (Hari matar)- 2 tbsps
- Green chillies (Hari Mirch)- 2 (chopped)
- Coriander leaves (dhaniya patta)- 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Turmeric (Haldi) powder- 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds (Rai)- 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera)- 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing)- 1 pinch
- Salt (namak)- 1/2 tsp
- Oil- 2 tsps
- Water (pani)- 2-3 glass
- Heat a pressure cooker and add 2 tablespoons of oil into it.
- Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds into oil and let them splutter then add asafoetida. Put green chilies and add all chopped veggies into it.
- Then add corn daliya and stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes with all ingredients.
- Add chopped tomatoes and stir-fry everything well.
- Then add washed split green gram into it and mix everything well.
- Add water, salt, and turmeric powder.
- Close the lid of the cooker and wait until 2 whistles on a medium flame. After this, open the lid and check if more water is required.
5. Quinoa Oatmeal
Quinoa and oatmeal both make healthy additions to any diet, but each offers their own special nutritional benefits. To maximize health, include both in your diet. Here’s is a recipe to do so.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- ½ cup oats
- 2 tsp powdered cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups skimmed milk
- 1 cup mixed dry fruits
- 2 cup of orange juice
- Fruits for toppings
- Wash and rinse quinoa. Put a saucepan on medium flame and add rinsed quinoa in it along with orange juice. Stir well and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the flame and simmer the quinoa mixture for about 15 minutes or until most of the juice is absorbed by quinoa.
- Then add skimmed milk, cinnamon powder and mixed dry fruits in the quinoa. Cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer for about 10 minutes while stirring it occasionally. After cooking the quinoa in milk for 10 minutes, add the oats and let it cook on low flame for about 5 minutes
- When the oats and quinoa mixture is cooked, switch off the burner and stir in vanilla extract. Now cut the strawberry in half and add the quinoa and oats mixture with these halved strawberries. Also, spread blueberries on the bowl. Serve this hot or cold as you like.
Top 10 Healthy Eating Habits to Teach Your Kids
Children can be easy to mould and pick up habits very soon unlike adults who are way too advanced in terms of spatial thinking and intellect. Here are top 10 healthy eating habits to teach your kids
6 Health Benefits of Cinnamon
Cinnamon Is High in Powerful Medicinal Properties. Here are 6 health benefits of cinnamon.
5 Delicious - healthy snacks for kids
Here is a list of kid-friendly snacks that are both healthy and delicious.
Everything you need to know about Acid Reflux(GERD)
Gastroesophageal reflux also called "acid reflux" occurs when the stomach contents back up into the esophagus and/or mouth. Occasional reflux is normal and can happen in healthy infants, children, and adults, most often after eating a meal.
8 Natural home remedies for upset stomach | NutriPal
Upset stomach, or indigestion, is usually no cause for concern. It is often possible to treat the symptoms using home remedies. Here are 8 of the most popular natural remedies for treating an upset stomach.
5 simple weight loss recipes | NutriPal
Five healthy meal prep recipes using the same ten fresh ingredients. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, these are easy and tasty weight loss meal prep ideas.